Friday, May 22, 2009

CST Testing

CST is the short way to say California Standards Test. This test reflects on what your teachers have taught you and what you have learned through out the school year, and for that grade. It is usually took around the end of the year because by then you have learned everything you will need for the test. Most schools give the test around May so that the last months the students can go preparing for the next year.
Usually each year it has the basics you will need. The basics are english and math. but me as an Eighth grader and the other students took math, history, science and english. They were not that very hard. They just needed to be read carefully and think about it. Like some of the strategies to use are the answers they given in the answers. Pick the ones that are more reasonable. Including there are other questions that relate to that topic and give you most of the answer.
Those are the strategies I used for the testing in the CST. These strategies helped a lot. But they were not difficult. From a scale of 1-10. I would give them all about a 5. A 5 because in each one there were a few questions that were hard. So using the strategies helps you a lot. But one that was sort of uneasy was the history. The history because it has all three topics. Which were the ones we talked about during 6th, 7th and 8th grade. But since our teacher gave us a packet from all last two years then it refreshed our mind.
Your results come during the middle summer. They are not surprising because you already know that you will do great. As for me I know that at least I will get a basic. Rather receive a basic. But probably a proficient. I know I have done well, listened in class and reviewed my work.Receiving your scores helps you know that you have done well. So know I wait until the summer for my results.
350 words

No comments:

Post a Comment